Saturday 2 January 2016

Happy New Year



So with Christmas all but packed away the next “event” in the Reindl house was to ring in the New Year. This included resolutions, party celebrations and preparing for the year ahead. One of my big things for 2016 is that I want to get back on top of is my dear blog. With a baby due in just two months, a very demanding and temperamental toddler that will be turning two in April, my big girl to start 2nd grade and the Reindl man (hopefully) to return to work in Feb after over two months off mending broken bones, this year is going to be a big one and I’m sure to be pushed to my limits.

My new year’s resolution isn’t “A” resolution but many relating to each aspect of my life so here’s my list;

The 2016 reading challenge I've chosen to do i found on the pop sugar website;


Party Celebrations this year have taken a back seat in comparison to previous years due to a decrease in income over the holiday period as well as an increase in parental ‘cant-be-bothered-ness’. We are celebrating once the New Year is upon us as opposed to doing a big new years eve. Our plans for the New Year include doing some goal setting and reflection with my big Lexx, a midnight kiss with my one and only Reindl man and a family bbq and a dip in the pool at Reindl Nanna’s house on New Year’s Day.



Preparation for the year ahead involves packing away Christmas, sending my big Lexx for a week with my family in Kojonup, getting ready for back to school and then awaiting the arrival of the newest Reindl. I think packing away Christmas will be the cause of a lot of man hours, as I coil and box the 30 odd sets of lights and all the decorations that go with them. The arrival of baby Reindl will consume the next largest portion of my time as I move Ivy into her own room and retrieve all of the baby items from storage, but the one item on my 2016 “To Do” list that I’m looking forward to most is back to school. This is not only because I love the fun that the learning and organisation of a new school year brings but also that my house may be left a little more intact than it is currently with Lexx home from school as well as the Reindl man being off from work.

So tell me what does a new year bring for your household?
 photo signature_zps2bb5dd54.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

//