Sunday 3 September 2017

Reindl vacation - part two (packing)

To say the Reindl man packs lightly is the understatement of the year. The first trip I ever took with him, he literally took the clothes on his back and a towel in a backpack- just because entering the country with no personal belongings looks extremely suspicious to border patrol. His theory is "we'll buy stuff over there" which he did... deodorant, board shorts, singlets, even boxers.



The only items, as we were told by fellow bali bogans (Facebook group) that are always recommended to bring over is sunscreen and sanitary pads/tampons as the price is a lot more in Bali. We went for breakfast one day and accidentally left the sun cream in our hotel room and had to buy more while out walking. A small tube (approx 173ml) that would retail for $6 in Aus cost us the equivalent of $22. And the same thing when I skipped a few days of my pill due to sheer forgetfulness and then had to stop into a convenience store for pantie liners which would retail for $3.40 but cost the equivalent of $7.50 AUD in Bali. 

Another thing that we didn't worry about bringing over with us was a port-a-cot. We were told most hotels would have one... well ours didn't. The first night we slept with Bonnie in our bed but found she rolled around far too much and kept us awake. The next day I asked the 'Bali bogans' if anyone could recommend a baby hire place and a lady posted her husbands business which was a tour company that also did baby products. 
G'day mate tours Bali and baby hire was the company and I messaged them via Facebook straight away (6pm) asking to hire a baby cot for the next 9 days and how much it would be. The reply was fast and friendly and they were happy to deliver the cot for me AND even didn't mind accepting my Aussie dollars as payment (the reindl man had gone out and left me with the kids, who were sleeping, and only our stack of Aussie cash haha). From memory the port a cot was $55.80 and then the deposit was $50.
In retrospect with the 40kgs of baggage that was included with our business class flights I think next time I'll just pack EVERYTHING I think I will need, then our spending money can be used for our enjoyment. But hey, at least if I do forget anything I know I can get it in Bali!


I'll keep progressing through this amazing learning curve of family holidays with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

//