Sunday 21 December 2014

Christmas Post - Candy Cane Slime




One of our kiddie craft activities for the festive season was to make 'Santa slime' but when I read that the recipe called for borax, It made me hesitate as I don't think it is a suitable chemical for children to play with. I found a new recipe that seemed a lot easier and although it didn't look much the same I figured i'd rather play it safe.


I used a packed cup of cornflour, a cup of warm water, a tablespoon of chunky glitter, 5 drops of pillar box red food coloring and a dash of peppermint essence. The recipes I found all said to mix in a metal mixing bowl but when I was in year 10 science class we made it in a sandwich bag so, to contain the mess, I made this lot in a snap lock meal bag.



In order to try and avoid slime all over the kitchen I put it in my biggest Tupperware container for Lexi to play with and although we did get a little over the table it was very easy to clean up with cloth and some water. For me, I think that as my favourite thing about the slime (apart from the fact that it smelt like candy canes) was how easy the clean up was! The container, Lexi's hands and everything else that the slime touched was able to be cleaned with water alone! Ultra impressive for any busy Mumma.


I would highly recommend this particular slime recipe for the ease, simplicity and creativity. It's easy enough that the kids could make it, and Lexi could have quite easily played with it for 8 hours ha ha. I hope your kids have just as much fun with our candy cane slime as we did. Great fun for everyone!
 photo signature_zps2bb5dd54.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

//