Tuesday 10 June 2014

Family Command Centre and School Nook



Our house had begun to become one of chaos and confusion. With the Reindl man at work 13 hours a day, 6 days a week, Little miss at full time school and a newborn bubba keeping me busy, i didn't have time to tidy the house, let alone keep up with everyone else's schedule! So I finally decided to put to action the ideas I'd pinned to my command centre board on Pinterest!


I started out with little miss' school nook. I brought a storage cube and some medium command hooks from Masters home improvement which cost me about $30 for both. I mounted the storage cube to the outside wall of her built in robe and placed three of the wall hooks on the adjacent wall. As I explained to her, she puts her library bag, take home folder and backpack on top of the cube, her lunchbox goes in the cube and her shoes get tucked underneath it all. Her uniform gets hung up on the other wall, her skort, t-shirt and dress each have their own hook. This is the end result:


The following week i started to gather all the things i was going to need for command central. That included scouring Etsy for appropriate house hold documents (I got mine custom made from Rachael at All About The House), heading to Typo to get a blackboard, decorative mason jar, coloured milk bottle and a decorative letter "R" for Reindl and and also a quick call in to officeworks for some cool pens, document wallets and a pretty folder for my household docs. I also had the shelf, whiteboard/corkboard and the requirements for the receipt box on hand.

Rachael made me up a tailored cleaning schedule, peek at the week, online order tracker, password log, a universal month at a glance calendar, shopping list and an entry sheet for my paid bills, all in the design of my choice. i've displayed the cleaning schedule and peek at the week in some clear document wallets stuck to the wall.




What i have written on my whiteboard is null and void now that i have my peek at the week sheet so that will probably be used for messages between my man and I. The cork board is for school newsletters and party invites and my receipt box it to keep all my tax invoices til I get around to entering them in the book when i do the BAS at the end of the quarter. I'm using the milk bottle for keeping pens and the mason jar for loose change. Eventually i'll be putting in some hooks up for our keys but for now they can just stay in the lock of the front door.


I'm hoping that all this helps me to keep up with everyone else's goings on and more importantly help me better my time management but i suppose i will just have to update this post later with how i go.






No comments:

Post a Comment

//